Tjodheim

Tjodheim
The story of this house says that it was built in 1917 and it was an apple and plum orchard. Records show payment of property tax til 1923. I have tried to find information in between but have not been successful. In 1971 this couple bought the house, which was, by then, divided into 2 apartments, one above and one below with a shared bathroom. By 1979, the couple sold it to a widower with 6 kids, who then turned it into a single unit house again.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The style...

So I am debating what style would be the best for the new house but I can't seem to make up my mind.  I have been playing lately with the idea of different themes for different rooms but I can't say anything final yet.  I do know that I love shabby chic as it is so easy to go to a flea market and find amazing stuff that you can put your own personal touch to. On the other hand I have a 2 year old that is fascinated by absolutely EVERYTHING!! Not only does she climb on anything and touch anything, but if it is colorful or if it has some sort of intriguing shape, she wants to explore it, making shabby chic quite a tempting camp for disaster. 
As I have been packing things for the move I came across this bracelet (you wrap it around your wrist about five times and the effect is actually really nice) and it happens to be that because of the colors and the texture, my curious little one could not stay away from it and when I heard that classic silence that is rather unusual in a house with a baby, I found her happily chewing the beads.
anyhow, since these bracelets are out and I really have no use for the, I have thought about taking them apart and making a fishing line with these lamp beads so I can hang it by the window in my bedroom which receives quite a lot of light.



Så jeg er debattere hvilken stil ville være det beste for det nye huset, men jeg kan ikke synes å bestemme meg. Jeg har spilt det siste med ideen om forskjellige temaer i forskjellige rom, men jeg kan ikke si noe endelig ennå. Jeg vet at jeg elsker shabby chic som det er så lett å gå til et loppemarked og finner fantastiske ting som du kan sette ditt eget personlige preg på. På den annen side har jeg en 2 år gammel som er fascinert av absolutt ALT! Ikke bare klatre hun på noe og ta på noe, men hvis det er fargerik, eller hvis den har en slags spennende form, hun ønsker å utforske det, noe som gjør shabby chic ganske fristende leir på katastrofe.
Som jeg har vært pakking ting for farten, kom jeg over dette armbåndet (du vikle den rundt håndleddet rundt fem ganger og effekten er faktisk veldig hyggelig) og det skjer for å være at på grunn av farger og tekstur, min nysgjerrige lille kunne ikke holde seg borte fra det, og da jeg hørte at klassiske stillheten som er ganske uvanlig i et hus med en baby, fant jeg henne lykkelig tygge perlene.

hvertfall, siden disse armbåndene er ute og jeg har ikke bruk for det, har jeg tenkt på å ta dem fra hverandre og lage en fiske linje med disse perlene lampe slik at jeg kan henge den ved vinduet på soverommet mitt som får ganske mye lys.

No comments:

Post a Comment